PA and Office Administrator
IQ Capital is an independently owned, private investment and corporate advisory house with a focus on business re-engineering, deal facilitation, M&A advisory services and private equity investments. The purpose of the position is to provide the full spectrum of executive level administrative and financial assistance to the Group Directors.
Key Responsibilities and/or output areas include, but are not limited to:
Administration & Executive Support
• Correspondence, drafting letters, collecting and analysing information, initiating telecommunications;
• Welcome guests and clients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries;
• General filing and ad hoc duties.
• Manage schedules and update diary /electronic calendar accordingly
• Screen and direct telephone calls
• Manage all correspondence for and on behalf of the Directors, including incoming and outgoing mail, electronic mail and newsletters
• Human Resources administrative support including management of personnel data, files and leave records
• Facilitate provision of and collate information required
• Developing and maintaining professional communications with both the Directors and internal and external stakeholders / clients
Meetings and Event Coordination
• Co-ordinate internal and external meetings as and when required (including refreshments, meeting packs etc.) and provide the necessary follow up
• Organise and manage employee events in collaboration with HR / Marketing
• Organise Board meetings, including catering
• Co-ordinate the preparation by Executive of requisite papers for review
• Collate and distribute final agenda and Board papers to Board of Directors at least one week prior to the meeting
• Maintain accurate minutes, taking minutes at meetings, preparing draft minutes for review and ensuring approved minutes are entered into the minute book.
• Maintain a full set of minutes on record for review
• Provide secretarial support for Board members where required
• Co-ordinate and confirm all Corporate and Private (family) travel arrangements (within budget parameters)
• Provide detailed itinerary
• Ensure that approvals for travel and accommodation has been obtained prior to final confirmation
Stakeholder Engagement and General Service Delivery
• Ensure that all interactions with both internal and external stakeholders are courteous and professional at all times
• Provide client/visitor hospitality in a professional and courteous manner representative of the office
• Maintain corporate hospitality infrastructure including the CEO’s boardroom and Office
• Capture bank statements of all the companies;
• Compile all creditors for payment and debtors for invoicing on a monthly basis;
• Monthly reconciliations of bank accounts;
• Quarterly reconciliations of all accounts to ensure their accuracy;
• Process timesheets that was signed off and report findings to business manager;
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system;
• Petty cash control and reconciliation;
• Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested;
• Assist in the preparation of external audit files of all the companies.
• Ad hoc tasks / admin.
Our Approach to Employment Equity
Economic empowerment is an integral part of South Africa’s transformation process, encouraging the redistribution of wealth and opportunities to previously disadvantaged communities and individuals.
The empowerment process has been identified as crucial to the future viability of the country’s economy.
Qualifications and Experience:
• National Diploma in Accounting / Financial Management / Office administration
• 5 years’ experience as an office assistant
• 3 or more years’ Financial administrative experience
• MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)