Position: Network Planner (Fixed)
Department: Information Communications Technology
Division: CT Planning
Salary Offered: R 523 776 – R 679 896 per annum (plus benefits)
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
• BTech or BSc / MSc in Information Technology majoring in Telecommunications or equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification
• Fibre Optic Association Certification to Fibre Planner level
• 6 years relevant network engineering experience in a telecoms environment having had exposure in the field, as well as experience other departments / functions in a network environment to understand the inter-relationships and inter-dependencies
• Demonstrate expert knowledge of area of expertise (e.g. cable planning / transmission or Ethernet/IP expertise) with a good cross-disciplinary understanding of supplementary area(s)
• Have in-depth knowledge of at least 2 of the following 3 areas of knowledge:
• Optic fibre network design
• Radio network design
• IP network design
Position Core Responsibilities:
• Develop strategic capability and leadership by setting the fixed network standards and policy; providing input into overall ICT network strategy and demonstrating an industry level of expert knowledge in this field
• Act as chief academic and industry researcher in the network architecture field to stay abreast of the latest technologies and the architecture designs as implemented by other metros, provincial and government departments, local and international suppliers and OEM’s and business in general
• Design highly complex technical network solutions to meet critical business requirements, enhancing the key EMM objectives of increased service delivery and enhancing economic growth
• Drive innovation by investigating creative models, technologies and concepts to create new concepts and solutions that will create the game-changing solutions that can be patented and will become the intellectual capital for future solutions to be adopted in the market
• Participate actively in the market ecosystem by producing white papers on new designs, models and concepts and present these at seminars and conferences
• Create and maintain the EMM network related intellectual capital and artefacts that encapsulates the policy, strategy, designs, patents, white papers, market intelligence and all concepts and deliverables related to this field
• Perform governance and risk management activities
• Monitor and enforce compliance to procurement processes
How to Apply .
Interested candidates whose background and experience match these challenging and exciting positions are invited to submit their CV’s by email to email@example.com and use Refer number (ICT4053)
For Enquiries Please contact: Tel: (011) 999 7427.
Please note: The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 Finance Management qualification will be required to obtain it, in terms of the National Treasury Requirement.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.
Closing date:7th October 2015.