The JOB PURPOSE
Work In line with the department guidelines and under the supervision of the Shop Manager, the Beauty Specialist uses different selling techniques to promote to our guests the beauty products available in MSC Cruises boutiques, including performing makeovers, in order to achieve highest revenue possible.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• To Promote a variety of skincare, makeup and fragrance products;
• Perform full makeovers while encouraging guests to try products and techniques used in the demonstration;
• Informs customers of special offers, new products and promotions;
• Handles customer complaints and queries;
• Ensures items are correctly priced and keeps the boutique layout attractive and tidy, in line with MSC Cruises guidelines
• Processes payments;
• Regularly check that products are within their sell-by date and respects the FIFO products life-cycle (for perishable selling goods).
JOB REQUIREMENTS (skills, competencies, experience)
• Fluent in English, oral and written and in at least 2 of the following languages: German, Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, Chinese. Any of other language is considered an advantage;
• High School certificate;
• Professional certification for on-job trainings in makeup or beauty products sales are an advantage;
• At least 2 years’ experience as a Beauty Specialist;
• Previous experience on cruise ship is an advantage;
• Computer literacy;•Sound knowledge of fragrances, makeup and cosmetic products and the industry;
• Sales orientated;
• STCW95 certification is compulsory (Basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
• A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
VISA REQUIREMENTS (if any)
• Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.