Re-Posted by Careers Personnel on the 9th January 2016.
Accurately process financial information and support stakeholders with the interpretation of financial information to enable business decision making.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
li>BCom Accounting or Financial Management
• CTA or equivalent qualification
• 3 years experience in a Financial environment
• Understanding of management accounting principles
• Understanding of a life insurance environment
• Skills in Excel (Advanced)
prepare and upload the journals to allocate expenses and complete the reconciliation of expenses:
• Review and approve the general ledger journal allocations based on levels of authority and policy.
• Identify expense variances and investigate root cause of variances.
• Change incorrect cost centre allocations and ensure that the corrections are properly processed.
• Accurately update and maintain the fixed assets register and make recommendations to enhance the management of fixed assets.
• Prepare financial reports and contribute to the commentary of reports.
• Analyse financial reports and information to identify area of opportunities or potential risks within segment.
• Identify and explain relationships on financial reports and advise stakeholders on the implications of these relationships and provide context to financial information.
• Advise and guide stakeholders and non-financial managers regarding finance elements.
• Attend to general finance queries within agreed time frames.
• Control and track the budget for the various business areas.
• Facilitate and manage the budgeting process and evaluate budget information received and discuss errors or omissions with stakeholders.
• Proactively engage with business to forecast expenses and identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
• Manage high risk and problematic financial issues in area of accountability and contribute to the development of policy.
• Control and track the budget for the various departments.
• Prepare a summary of all departmental budgets that roll up to the consolidated budget.
• Client/ Stakeholder Commitment
• Drive for Results
• Leads Change and Innovation
• Impact and Influence
• Self-Awareness and Insight
• Diversity and Inclusiveness
How to Apply.
Closing Date:20th January 2016