Process applications for, changes to, reinstatement of, and cancellation of insurance policies. Duties include reviewing insurance applications to ensure that all questions have been answered, compiling data on insurance policy changes, changing policy records to conform to insured party’s specifications, compiling data on lapsed insurance policies to determine automatic reinstatement according to company policies, canceling insurance policies as requested by agents, and verifying the accuracy of insurance company records.
Tasks to be performed:
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, adjustments, and new reserve requirements, using insurance rate standards.
- Compare information from application to criteria for policy reinstatement and approve reinstatement when criteria are met.
- Correspond with insured or agent to obtain information or inform them account status or changes.
- Examine letters from policyholders or agents, original insurance applications, and other company documents to determine if changes are needed and effects of changes.
- Interview clients and take their calls in order to provide customer service and obtain information on claims.
- Modify, update, and process existing policies and claims to reflect any change in beneficiary, amount of coverage, or type of insurance.
- Notify insurance agent and accounting department of policy cancellation.
- Organize and work with detailed office records, maintaining files for each policyholder, including policies that are to be reinstated or cancelled.
- Process and record new insurance policies and claims.
- Process, prepare, and submit business or government forms, such as submitting applications for coverage to insurance carriers.
- Review and verify data, such as age, name, address, and principal sum and value of property on insurance applications and policies.
- Transcribe data to worksheets and enter data into computer for use in preparing documents and adjusting accounts.
Please note that this is an entry level position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Administration: 1 year
- Data Entry: 1 year
- Customer Relations: 1 year