Posted by Jobs Assist on the 19th September 2015.
CENTRE: Eastern Cape: Large Office: Mthatha (1 Post)
Reference Number: HRMC 84/15/4a (This is a re-advertisement, candidates who previously applied are requested to reapply).
REPRESENTIVITY: Coloured, Indian, White Male /Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
CENTRE: Western Cape: Medium Office: Bellville
Reference Number: HRMC 84/15/4b
REPRESENTIVITY: Indian, White Male /Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Qualification and Experience Required:
A 3 year National Diploma / Degree in Financial Management / Accounting or an NQF level 7 qualification in the related field plus 1-2 years’ experience in the Finance environment of which 1 year should be at supervisory level and / or a Grade 12 qualification with 3 years’ experience in the Finance environment of which 2 years must be at a supervisory level • A post graduate qualification in the related field will serve as an added advantage • Sound Supervisory experience • Knowledge of PFMA, Treasury Regulations, and knowledge of Basic Accounting System, Logis, Asset Management, Revenue collection, banking, financial administrations and Supply Chain Management • Computer literacy and willingness to work extended hours (including weekends and/or holidays) are essential • A valid driver’s licence.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the Regional or District Manager in recording revenue received, including daily reconciliation
• Ensure that cash received is deposited timeously
• Undertake the management of petty cash as well as the procurement of goods and services in terms of the departmental supply chain management policies and procedures
• Ensure that invoices are paid within 30 days, as per Treasury Regulations
• Managing assets, including bar coding, verification and disposals
• Prepare budget and monitoring same
• Undertake monthly reconciliation and financial reporting
• File and safeguarding financial records
• Identify fruitless, wasteful and irregular expenditure
• Oversee Government Garage fleet management, including reporting losses to the Loss Control Committee.
How to Apply.
Quoting the relevant reference number, direct your CV, certified copies of qualifications and ID together with a completed Z83 application form, which can be downloaded from our website, by the closing date to the relevant address of the Department of Home Affairs Office, where the post is located, as follows:
Eastern Cape Province:
Postal Address: Private Bag 7413, King Williams Town, 5600
Physical address: 11 Hargreaves Avenue, King William’s Town, 5600
Postal Address: Private Bag X 9103, Cape Town, 8000
Physical Address: 4th Floor, Faircape Building, 56 Barrack Street,
Cape Town, 8001
Closing Date: 25 September 2015