Re-Posted by Jobs Assist admin on the 13th January 2016
Position: Manager: Regional Support Services
Department: Health and Social Development
Salary:R384 816 – R499 512 per annum (plus benefits)
Job Minimum Requirements:
• BAdmin / BCom / BA Public Administration
• Valid Driver’s License
• Extensive Experience
Position Preferred Requirements:
• Honours Degree will serve as an advantage
Position Core Responsibilities:
• Manage administration service and all HR functions of the division by complying with Employment related legislation
• Responsible for strategic planning and determining of objectives in accordance with Key Performance areas
• Compile and review work programmes, schedules, rules, policies and procedures
• Implement and monitor adherence and compliance with Council policies and procedures
• Implement and monitor effectiveness of organisational structure according to Council resolution
• Supervise and delegate tasks and draft staff development programmes
• Manage the assets register for the division through auditing to comply with Risk management principles
• Monitor and enforce effective financial control, corporate governance and financial compliance throughout area of accountability
• Oversee the preparation of monthly and annual budgets and financial reports in accordance with statutory and Council presentation requirements
• Ensure compliance with Batho Pele principles and various applicable service delivery charters and protocols
• Ensure timeous, clear contracting and assessment of performance expectations with direct reports in line with organisational objectives and to enhance productivity
Applications or CVs and copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s license (if applicable), to be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
• Kempton Park Civic Centre, Corner Pretoria Road and CR Swart Drive, drop-in box, Main Entrance
• Postal Address: PO Box 13, Kempton Park,1620
• Enquiries: 011 999 3612/3615/3611/3619/3616/3608
Please note that no faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
• The successful candidate who does not have the NQF Level 5 financial management qualification will be required to obtain it, in terms of the National Treasury requirement.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.
Closing date: 26th January 2016.