Minimum Qualification Requirements:
• Grade 10 or equivalent NQF Level 3 qualification
• 5 years Bus Driver or 3 years Bus Inspector experience
• Reference Number:TRAN6189
• Department: Transport
Division:Public Transport Operations
Salary:R 139 296 – R 180 816 per annum (plus benefits)
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Carry out daily inspections on busses and bus routes to ensure that passengers have valid tickets and coupons to prevent irregularities and financial losses for the bus service
• Report all defects and abnormalities found on buses to ensure that it’s corrected
• Give instructions to Bus Drivers to ensure optimal job performance
• Inspect waybills and ticket issuing machines to ensure that it is in a working order
• Assist with accidents on routes
No faxed and e-mailed applications will be accepted. Please quote reference number on application.
Applications will not be considered if the necessary copies of the required qualifications are not attached to the application / CV. Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful. The Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act.
Applications or CVs and copies of qualifications, identity document and driver’s license (if applicable), to be submitted to the following Human Resource Office:
• 52 Woburn Avenue, Bensan Building, Benoni
• Postal Address: Private Bag X014, Benoni, 1500
• Enquiries: 011 999-7427/6358/6356
Closing Date: 2nd October 2015.